MDJ-500: Professional Media Player
Get Mixing Wherever You Are
Built with Gemini’s flagship technology, the MDJ-500 packs tons of professional features into a compact, cutting-edge media player. This is perfect for anyone that’s trying to break into modern DJing, as well as the experienced DJ that’s looking for a mobile solution. Thanks to its intuitive interface, you’ll spend less time deciphering and more time experimenting with 4 hot cues and 8 auto loops. The MDJ-500 has a customizable jog wheel so you can adjust the resistance to find the feel that’s perfect for you. If you’re looking for a gateway to craft a mix that’s uniquely yours, the MDJ-500 is the best bet.
● Full-featured USB media player with 4.3” color screen and onboard search and analysis
● 5” high-resolution touch platter
● Manual and BPM-based auto looping
● 4 hot cues per track
● 100 mm pitch fader and adjustable pitch ranging from 4% - 100% to mix with surgical precision
● Slip mode to use scratches or hot cues without ruining the mix
● Multiple platter modes: Reverse play, vinyl, and stutter cue
● MIDI mode turns MDJ-500 into a complete controller with on-screen deck info* (*in Virtual DJ)
FAT, FAT32, HFS+, and NTFS.
No. The MDJ-500 does not support the use of USB hubs.
Here’s a list of the most common error codes:
ERR R 1001 Bad Update: Happens during a firmware update. Try the update again.
ERR E 1002 Disc Error: Happens when a damaged optical disk is inserted. Make sure the disc is clean and free from scratches.
ERR E 1004 Unsupported File Format: Happens when the inserted USB drive has an incompatible file system. (For example, exFAT).
ERR E 1005 Bad Disc: Happens when the inserted USB drive is corrupt.
How do I enable continuous play?
Make sure that you have the latest firmware update, then open Settings and look for the continuous play options and set it to ‘Yes’.
Connecting hard drives is unsupported because they typically draw more power than the USB spec allows.