- Connect the included power adapter and USB cable to the unit.
- Plug the unit into a proper power connection.
- Plug the USB cable into an available USB port on your computer.
- Power on the unit.
- Once the unit is powered on successfully, press and hold the MIDI button located directly under the USB input jack on the center mixing console.
- If activated successfully the MIDI button will illuminate. Your computer will begin installing the onboard drivers necessary for proper operation. Note: Please wait until all drivers are successfully installed.
- Launch Traktor.
- Open the Traktor setup wizard in the bottom left-hand corner of the preferences screen.
- Begin to follow Traktor’s on screen instructions by clicking next...
- “Are you using an external controller” Select NO...
“Are you using an external mixer” Select NO…
Select 2 TRACK DECKS as your layout…
Your Traktor setup should look like the following below…
Return to the Preferences dialog and go to AUDIO SETUP. Mirror the below screenshot…
Select OUTPUT ROUTING. Mirror the below screenshot…
Select CONTROLLER MANAGER. Import the GMX Traktor mapping which can be downloaded at the bottom of this article.
The IN and OUT ports must be set to GMX. Set the DEVICE TARGET to FOCUS…
Now you are ready to run TRAKTOR with your Gemini GMX.
Further Technical Support
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Gemini product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Gemini technical support team is available to help! Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: phone support, email support.