CDJ-700 Traktor Quickstart Guide
Before starting, please ensure to have the following:
Audio Setup (PC):
1. Prior to opening Traktor, download and install the Gemini ASIO drivers.
2. After installing the Gemini ASIO drivers, plug-in your CDJ-700(s) and switch all units to MIDI mode.
NOTE: If using more than 1 CDJ-700 it is suggested to use a USB hub.
3. Start Traktor and open the Traktor setup menu. (pictured below)
4. The “Audio Setup” menu is where you can choose your desired audio settings.
5. Choose “Gemini ASIO” for the audio device and adjust the audio buffer length to the lowest setting your computer can handle to reduce latency. (pictured below)
6. Go to the “Output Routing” panel on the Traktor setup menu and route your audio to the connected CDMP-7000 audio outputs. (i.e. Output Deck A: L: Out 1, R: Out 2 & Output Deck B: L: Out 3, R: Out 4)
Audio Setup (MAC):
When using more than 1 CDJ-700 we first need to create an Aggregate Device
1. From the Finder, choose Utilities from the Go menu. Open the AudioMIDI Setup application.
2. Click the Add (+) button on the bottom-left corner in the Audio Devices window and chose Create Aggregate Device. (pictured below)
3. Select the new aggregate device that appears in the list on the left side of the window. To enable the CDJ-700’s select all the “Gemini CDJ-700 Audio” shown in the left side of the Audio Devices window. (pictured below)
Now we will connect the CDJ-700(s) to Traktor.
1. After creating the Aggregate Device, plug-in your CDJ-700’s and switch all units to MIDI mode.
2. Start Traktor and open the Traktor setup menu. (pictured below)
4. Choose the “Aggregate Device” you created for the audio device. Match the sample rate to the setting chosen on the CDJ-700 and adjust the audio buffer length to the lowest setting your computer can handle to reduce latency. (pictured below)
5. Go to the “Output Routing” panel on the Traktor setup menu and route your audio to the connected CDJ-700 audio outputs. (i.e. Output Deck A: L: 1, R: 2 & Output Deck B: L: 3, R: 4) (pictured below)
Traktor TSI Setup
1. Open the Traktor setup menu by clicking the gear in the top right hand corner. (pictured below)
2. Select “Controller Manager” on the left hand navigation menu.
3. Import the 4 different CDJ-700 TSI mapping files. (pictured below)
4. Each TSI file corresponds to each Traktor deck. For each TSI file, choose the correct “Device Target” (i.e. Device “Gemini CDJ-700”: Deck Focus A, Device “Gemini CDJ-700 2”: Deck Focus 2).
5. On each of your CDJ-700’s, press and hold the MIDI button until you see “Choose Parameters”. Once this is seen, on deck 1 press Hot Cue 1, on deck 2 press Hot Cue 2, on deck 3 press Hot Cue 3, on deck 4 press “Memo”.
6. Your CDJ-700 is now ready for Traktor!
Gemini Support & Warranty Service
Whether you are a customer or dealer, if you already own a Gemini product, or if you just have pre-sales questions, the Gemini technical support team is available to help!
Visit the link below to connect with any of the following support options: phone support, email support.