CDMP-7000: Professional Media Controller
Everything but the kitchen sink…
Offering modern DJs a complete all-in-one solution, the CDMP-7000 packs professional features and outstanding playback versatility into one powerful, portable workstation. With two feature-rich decks and a comprehensive central mixer section, this inclusive unit provides everything you need to electrify a crowd in any venue.
Touching is believing.
When it comes to control, the CDMP-7000 provides a superior dimension of tactile command by incorporating two touch-sensitive display screens and two 5-inch high-resolution jog wheels that employ a VFD display that indicates your mode, track position and slip position. The CDMP-7000 can even act as a software controller for music stored on your computer via MIDI commands. Operate the parameters of your favorite DJ software right from the unit and route your audio through its 24-bit/192kHz soundcard.
For beat matching, the CDMP-7000 boasts ultra-precise Variable Pitch Control sliders with six settings. Plus, Master Tempo mode allows you to adjust a track’s tempo without changing its original pitch. And since creativity is so important when crafting your own original sound, the CDMP-7000 provides six DSP-powered effects with Dry/Wet level control. Additional functions like Pitch Bend, Hot Cues, Reverse and Loop Sections, along with versatile BPM options, round out the collection of professional features that fully complement the CDMP-7000’s user-friendly design.
A workstation built for play.
No other professional media player packs so much innovation into a durable, dependable, portable tabletop workstation. Built to withstand the rigors of heavy gigging, the CDMP-7000 combines intuitive functionality with eye-catching design to create one of the most versatile and comprehensive DJ solutions on the market.
- Slot-in CD-ROMs compatible with Audio CDs, CD-Rs and MP3 CDs
- One-per-side USB inputs and SD card slots for USB storage devices and SD cards (SDHC compatible up to 32GB)
- Plays MP3, AAC, WAV and AIFF formats
- Full-color LCD touch screens with contrast adjustment and comprehensive waveform display
- Three selectable jog modes: Search / Pitch Bend /Scratch Effect with Slip Mode and Reverse
- 5″ jog wheels with VFD displays
- Six built-in DSP-powered effects with dry-wet control
- Variable pitch control with six settings: +/- 4%, 8%, 16%, 24%, 50%, 100% and Master Tempo Control
- BPM functions including auto (sync), manual (tap) and BPM lock
- Pitch Bend via jog wheel or buttons
- Multifunction scroll knob for folder navigation
- Instant-start and Cue with Preview
- Single, Continuous and Repeat play modes
- Seamless Loop with Reloop and Loop Adjust
- Frame accurate search with buttons or jog wheels
- Anti-shock using RAM buffer memory
- USB MIDI Out allows decks to be used as software controllers (mixer section not MIDI capable)
- Mixer Section
- 3-channel analogue mixer with 3-band EQ and Gain Control on each channel
- Two switchable line/phono stereo RCA inputs and one Aux RCA input with USB input
- Front 1/4″ mic input and rear XLR-1/4″ combo mic input with dedicated level control, 2-band EQ and talkover feature
- Dedicated Master, Booth and Record Stereo outputs
- CD1 and CD2 stereo RCA outputs and two S/PDIF digital audio outputs for use as Slave decks
- 1/4″ headphone output
Type: CD/USB/SD Media Workstation w/ MIDI & HID
USB Output Type: Type B
Disc Type: Standard Compact discs (12 cm & 8 cm)
Power Supply: AC 100/240V, 60/50 Hz
Power Consumption: 25W
Dimensions: 28.3″ x 12.4″ x 3.93″ (720 x 315 x 100 mm)
Weight: 16.97 lbs. (7.7 kg)
Quantization: 1 Bit Linear/Channel, 3 Beam Laser
Oversampling Rate: 8 Times
- LINE: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- PHONO: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (RIAA +/-0.5db)
- MIC: 20 Hz to 20 kHz
S/N ratio (at rated output):
- LINE: >80dB
- Standard input level
- AUX:0 dBv/10kOhms
- PHONO/LINE:-40 dBv/47kOhms, 0dBu/47kOhms
- MIC:-50dBv/>1kOhms (balanced)Standard O
- MASTER (Bal):+6dBv/1kOhms
- MASTER (Unbal):0dBv/1kOhms
- PHONES:200mW/200Ohms THD 0.03%
Output Type: Coaxial Digital (S/PDIF)
Sampling Rate: 44.1kHz, 16-bit
Bit Depth: 24-bit, 16-bitSampling
Rate: 192kHz, 96kHz, 48kHz, 44.1 kHz
Please download the Gemini Updater software for your operating system.
To update: connect your CDMP-7000 to your computer via USB, enter MIDI mode and open this software to check for updates.
PC: Download Here
MAC: Download Here
MAC: Download Here
Is the pitch fader high-resolution?
Yes, the pitch fader is high-resolution and moves the pitch/tempo value 0.02 when in 4%, or 8%, 0.1 when in 16%, 25%, 50% and 0.5 when in 100%.
What can I use the touch-screen for?
In CD, USB, and SD mode, the touch-screen can be used to change the parameters of the built-in effects, jump ahead or back on the track progress bar, browse through files, and change pitch/tempo/BPM parameters.
What are the two rings on the jog wheel display?
The blue outer ring shows the track position and spins at 33 rpm to emulate a record being played. By moving the jog wheel when VINYL mode is active, the “needle” (playback position) will change with the movement. The inner red ring only appears when SLIP mode is enabled. When SLIP mode is enabled, the CDMP-7000 will keep the track playing inaudibly when the user uses the jog wheel, sets a loop, or uses reverse so that when the user releases the jog wheel, exits the loop, or stops reverse playback, the track will go to where it would be. This is a useful feature to not “lose the beat” when scratching or looping. The red ring will show the SLIP position.
Can I use hard drives with the CDMP-7000?
Although some users do use hard drives with their CDMP-7000s, the unit only supports flash memory
Can I use only one USB stick for both decks?
The CDMP-7000 needs 1 USB stick per deck.
Can I use the CDMP-7000 with DJ Software?
Yes, the CDMP-7000 decks sends MIDI signals that can be used in any application. Gemini has maps available for VirtualDJ and Traktor, but it can be used with any software with a MIDI Learn feature.
Does the CDMP-7000’s mixer section use MIDI?
No, the CDMP-7000’s mixer does not send MIDI information. The mixer section of the CDMP-7000 is a 3-channel analog mixer.
Does the CDMP-7000 work with DVS systems such as Serato Scratch Live or Traktor Scratch Pro?
Yes, the CDMP-7000 has dedicated CD1/CD2 RCA outputs and S/PDIF outputs from the players and line inputs on the mixer. This allows you to send time code information to a DVS system such as a Traktor Scratch interface or Serato Scratch Interface via your time code CD’s and back from the DVS system into the line inputs on the mixer.
How do I hook the CDMP-7000 up to a computer?
To use the CDMP-7000 with a computer, simply plug a USB cable into the CDMP-7000 and your computer. Switch the each deck to “MIDI” mode. Your CDMP-7000 can now be used as a MIDI controller. Detailed quick start guides for popular DJ software are available on the Gemini website.
Can I use 1 deck as a MIDI controller and one deck as a standalone player?
Yes, simply follow the steps in the previous question but only select midi on one deck. Before switching from MIDI to another source such as USB, ensure playback on that deck is paused.
How do I install firmware updates?
Gemini updates users when new firmware updates are available via social networks and email blasts. Gemini also prominently displays any firmware updates on the website. All updates include detailed instructions on how to install the new firmware.