Gemini is looking for an experienced Industrial Designer. In this key position, you will work from design briefs to create design solutions for new products that are innovative, practical and suitable for manufacturing. You will work in all phases from product concepts through to detailing features with engineering and product managers.
Experience, Qualifications and Education:
- Industrial Design degree
- Strong Solidworks experience, including the ability to generate complex surfaces
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Good visual and spatial awareness
- Well-developed technical and creative skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Time management, decision making, presentation and organization skills required
- Developing understanding of manufacturing processes, including tooling, molding and assembly
- Draft sketches and illustrations of potential products or work on enhancing an existing product to make it more appealing to consumers.
- Research design trends and product limitations.
- Work with engineering, marketing, production, and/or sales departments to establish and evaluate design concepts for manufactured products.
- Prioritize and manage all projects and work with product managers and engineers to achieve goals and objectives
The successful candidate will be a self starter with a reputation as a “can do – get the job done” personality with superb motivations skills to encourage contribution and involvement from others and embrace working in a technology driven environment.
This position is based in our Elizabeth, NJ headquarters.
Qualified candidate please e-mail portfolio, resume, salary history and requirements to E-Mail