Director of Engineering
Gemini, a leading designer of Professional Audio, DJ, and Musical Industry equipment is looking for an experienced Director of Engineering. In this key position, we are looking for a strategic thinker responsible for technical direction of product development efforts for both hardware and software across all product lines. The position will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
Experience, Qualifications and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering required, Masters preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science a plus
- 10+ years relevant experience leading hardware, firmware and software development
- Experience with analog and digital audio design
- Outstanding managerial skills
- Creative problem-solving, risk assessment and negotiations skills
- Strong oral/written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Time management, decision making ,presentation and organization skills required
- Experience dealing with contract manufacturers
- Excellent organization, prioritization, project management and delegation skills to ensure projects are planned and completed within given timeframes and budgets; solid problem solving skills – and a “roll-up-the-sleeves” attitude
- Track record of creating and implementing policies and procedures
- Strong interpersonal skills; high energy and enthusiasm; flexible and creative; results oriented; ability to deal with challenges and problems without losing drive
- Passion of Pro-Audio products a plus
- Demonstrate ability to lead, motivate and “influence manage” others; and develop a high performing team
- Provide decisive and effective leadership of all product technical design and development
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Marketing, Sales, Service and Operations to create high performance products to meet market demands.
- Oversee all phases of design, i.e.: Technical requirements, mechanical design, SCH/PCB design, Software development and testing, prototype debugging and testing
- Oversee QC testing procedures for Asian vendors to minimize defectives
- Implement design to manufacture methodology
- Set and oversee planning and execution of all projects to meet deadlines and communicate any revisions to meet changes to appropriate departments
- Drive development and engineering teams to consistently improve cycle time and time to market. Accountable for completion of projects to meet market windows of opportunity
- Minimize schedule and technical risk by foreseeing and addressing obstacles proactively and aggressively
- Prioritize and manage all projects and work with product managers and engineers to achieve goals and objectives
- Manage international and domestic engineering and software team
- 25% travel required
The successful candidate will be a self starter with a reputation as a “can do – get the job done” personality with superb motivations skills to encourage contribution and involvement from others and embrace working in a technology driven environment.
This position is based in our Elizabeth, NJ headquarters.
Qualified candidate please e-mail resume, salary history and salary requirements to E-Mail