Ever experienced poor audio performance with your Android phone or tablet?
In this video, Eric from Gemini will show you the workaround we developed for this Android-based issue! It’s easy to do, but it is extremely important to follow these steps in the exact order presented in this video. If you have questions, you can always reach out to us for help!
STEP ONE: Disable USB Audio Routing
- Open ABOUT PHONE under SETTINGS on your Android phone or Android tablet.
- Find the BUILD NUMBER and TAP ON IT SEVEN (7) TIMES to enable Developer mode.
- Go back to SETTINGS and tap on the new menu option called DEVELOPER OPTIONS.
- Scroll down and find DISABLE USB AUDIO ROUTING – turn this option ON and exit SETTINGS.
STEP TWO: Setup Mixvibes Cross DJ
- POWER ON your Gemini unit and SET ALL VOLUME KNOBS AND FADERS TO THE MIDDLE.
- CONNECT the PINK ON-THE-GO CABLE FROM the USB PORT ON YOUR GEMINI PRODUCT TO your ANDROID DEVICE.
- Connect the GEMINI SPLITTER CABLE FROM your ANDROID DEVICE to the AUX IN on your Gemini product.
- TO USE HEADPHONES, connect them to the FEMALE END OF THE GEMINI SPLITTER CABLE.
- OPEN THE MIXVIBES CROSS DJ APP and TAP ON THE GEAR ICON to open settings.
- TAP ADVANCED SETTINGS.
- TAP SPLIT next to AUDIO OUTPUT MODE.
- TAP the CHECKBOX next to INVERT MASTER AND CUE OUTPUTS.
Tap the back button twice on your Android phone or Android tablet, pull up a track, and you’re ready to rock! If you have any questions, concerns, or issues, feel free to reach out to us at any time!
Do you need a Gemini Splitter Cable?
No problem – we’ll send you one for free! Simply reach out to us here, or give us a call at 732-346-0061 between 9AM-5PM, Monday through Friday.
Download the Guide
Gemini has also created a reference guide covering how to resolve poor Android audio performance! Click here to download your guide.